MISSION: To enable adults to develop a personal relationship with Jesus by understanding their Catholic Faith and inviting them to life-long discipleship in the Catholic Church
- The goals of the Adult Faith Formation Program at St. John’s are to:
- Build communication skills for volunteer parish leadership
- Foster a climate of joyous participation
- Work in tandem with our clergy to build our ministries
- Develop a parish action cadre
- Develop and foster a greater ministry
- Promote recognition of Ministries at Liturgy
- Foster the building of a family centered parish life
- Actively foster an environment to encourage volunteer ministries
- Build up the faith of the parish using communications tools
- Thereby, igniting the fire burning within all the baptized.
- Offer an opportunity to learn more about Church History and Traditions
- Create on-going formation sessions
- Assist in spiritual development through retreats
Adult Faith Formation Activities
- Other programs and classes may be seasonal (i.e. Lenten preparation), may be part of a perennial series, or may be added as a continuous program.
- RCIA – Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. A journey of faith through which a person prepares to be welcomed into the Catholic Church.
- Faith Sharing Groups
- Men of St. John’s Group
- Lending Library – books, audio, video
- Guest speakers, experts in their fields, are invited to give talks at St. John and area churches on matter of faith. The speakers may be professional writers, lecturers, professors from area Catholic Universities, or from other resources.
- Retreats – These are sponsored by groups within the Archdiocese of Baltimore, area churches, and other ministries at St. John’s such as the Prayer Group, Catholic Daughters, etc.
- Liturgy – Catechesis through the Sacraments and the homily at Mass.
- Sacramental preparation
- Family Religious Education
Gathering in Grace – New Women’s Ministry
To give women in the pastorate a place to gather in grace and friendship, grow in faith, to be encouraged and equipped to share the love of Our Lord with each other and everyone we encounter. For more information contact Sherri Gondeck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Location: St. Joseph – LaPointe Hall, 5843 Manor Woods Rd. Frederick, MD 21703
October 24 – Joy
November 28 – Advent
January 30 – Faithful Resolutions
Men’s Formation Feast
Once a month, join other men to feed your body and soul at a FORMATION FEAST! Come to be formed in your Catholic faith. Do it for your family. Do it for fraternity. Do it for yourself. Just once a month. For more information contact Fr. Matt at email@example.com.
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Location: St. John – Sr. Margaret Bauer Evangelization Center 114 E. Second St. Frederick, MD 21701
October 10 – The Dignity of Life
November 14 – Dignity in Death
December 12 – Adventus: Preparing for Christ’s Coming
January 9 – Beginning the New Year with Hope
Watch the bulletin for details on these and other programs or call 301-662-8495 for more information.